H&M Flagship Store, College Green, Dublin
The original building was completed in 1867 as the Union Bank. The building was doubled in size in 1925 when an extension running through to St. Andrew Street was completed. The rear of the building fronting on to Andrew Street was remodelled in 1980.
J.J. Campbell and Associates provided full civil and structural engineering services for the internal redevelopment of former National Irish Bank. We also provided PSDP services coordinating designers work in relation to health and safety. We acted as an Enabling Works Designer providing economic and speedy built solutions.
JJC encountered many structural challenges during the design and construction works on this Protected Structure. These include stabilisation of the decorative stone facades, strengthening existing RC columns, designing ties to prevent lateral spread of very delicate arches in the Banking Hall, designing lightweight composite concrete floor to achieve 90 min fire rating.
Client: Clarendon Properties
Architect: Donnelly Turpin Architects
Quantity Surveyor: Bruce Shaw
M&E: Engineering Environments
Contractor: John Paul Construction Ltd.